Thursday, May 5, 2011

What I liked in the book

I opened up the book to pg 5 and found cave drawings that were found in Africa over 200.000 yrs. ago. To me these pics are amazing considering how long ago they were created and with the lack of tools and canvas provided. These early day artists had to be the most innovative of any and all time in order to get their point across on their caves and to other viewers. Sometimes I sit at home and try and re-create the odd shapes of humans and animals that these people observed back in the day. It is really hard to re-create that beautiful texture of the cave walls mixed with the strange people and weird lines. Some people would argue this is not art or that a little 3yr could draw these, I laugh at these people and would ask them to try and create something as recognizable as a cave drawing with just a stick and ash. I would like to learn more about these drawings and perfect the art of ancient old cave like drawings in my own artistic way one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment